How to Setup the Web View
In addition to alerting notifications, IsItUp provides a Web View so that you can check on the status of the devices you are monitoring from anywhere you have a connection to the Internet. Since the Web View is compatible with most modern browsers, you can view your device statuses from desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones. The web view includes up and down statuses for each device as well as the up time, percent availability and other statistics. There are convenient dropdowns to filter the Web View by groups or statuses. For example, if you had a group called “Mail Servers”, you could filter by “Mail Servers” and status “Down” or any other combination of group names and device statuses. In order to provide you with current information, the Web View is automatically updated at an interval setup during configuration with a default of 30 seconds.
To quickly get started, first:
Download and install IsItUp for a free 30 day trial. Just click on the following link:
1. Once you have installed IsItUp, you need to configure the Web View. Select Setup/System Parameters from the main menu. Then select the “Setup Web Access Parameters” tab. It will look as follows:
2. Select the port you want to access IsItUp on. You can choose any available port but the most common is port 80. However, it may be in use. Another popular choice is 8080. In order to access the web view, you need to point your browser at the IP address of the computer IsItUp is running on and the port you specified. For example, if the computer IsItUp is running on is 10.0.0.1 and the port you specified was 8080, you would use http://10.0.0.1:8080 as the address in your browser.
3. Select the browser reload interval. This interval is how often the status will be updated in the browser. It is the same for all browser sessions. Of course, you can always just refresh the page to update the status whenever you wish.
4. Finally, select how users can access the Web View. If security is not a concern, you can enable “Anonymous Access so that anyone can access the Web View without a user name or password. Alternatively, you can create accounts and specify which devices or groups will be in the user’s Web View.
5. If you require security, enable “Authentication required”. Then click the “Add” button to add a new account. The following screen will be displayed:
You can either select the “Include all devices” or select individual groups and devices to be included in the view for this user. If you select “Include all devices”, as new devices are added, the Web View will automatically reflect the changes. However, if you select the “Select specific devices”, you must manually add new items if you want them included in the Web View for each user.
6. The Web View looks as follows :
You can filter the list by selecting specific groups or device statuses by selecting from the dropdowns show in the red boxes.